The South Norfolk Community Awards celebrate the valuable contribution volunteers make to the district. This could be running a sports club, hosting events, fundraising or helping around the community.
There are eight categories you can nominate people for:
- Volunteer of the Year - for an individual who has volunteered their time to make an outstanding contribution to their community within the last year.
- Young Volunteer of the Year - for a young person, aged 18 or under, who has volunteered their time to make an outstanding contribution to their community in the last year.
- Community Group of the Year - for a group of people, working together, who have improved or brought benefits to their community within the last year.
- Community Fundraiser of the Year - for a group or individual who has undertaken innovative and tireless fundraising which has benefited South Norfolk community groups or residents directly within the last year.
- Business Community Champion of the Year - for a local business which has made an exceptional contribution to its community, by supporting it with funding opportunities, hosting events, or providing advice and resources within the last year.
- Community Wellbeing Champion or Group of the Year - for an individual or group that has championed wellbeing within their community, either through providing sporting/exercise opportunities, helping to develop lifestyles, or inspiring others through their sporting and lifestyle activities within the last year.
- Environmental Champion of the Year - for a school, business, community group or individual who has made a positive impact on their environmental in the last year.
- Lifetime Community Hero of the Year - for an individual who has had a long term impact in their community, who has shown commitment to their cause by raising funds and/or volunteering their time.
Winners will receive grants of £250 to give to their chosen charitable organisation or community group. All shortlisted will be invited to a special presentation evening at Diss Corn Hall on 4 June 2019.
Nominations close on 28 April 2019.